[opencms-dev] 2 problem after removing /opencms/opencms/ from URL

Chris Tiernan CTiernan at salesforce.com
Wed Jan 31 02:20:57 CET 2007

Hi,

I have two (2) issues after successfully configuring my production
servers for use with Apache to suppress the /opencms/opencms/ URL
according to the "Apache Config Howto" within the Alkacon Documentation.

Issue 1:
After suppressing the /opencms/opencms/ URL string and go to the
workplace login page at http://MyDomainDotCom/system/login/. The login
page won't login and/or redirect me to the workplace. If I go to
http://MyDomainDotCom/opencm/system/login/ I can login, but once I
logout I'm redirected to http://MyDomainDotCom/system/login/ and thus
can't login in again.

Issue 2:
I'm receiving a "org.opencms.file.CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException: Error
reading resource from path -- /index.jsp" whenever I publish a page to
the online project (e.g. /sites/default/index.jsp) and try to view the
page at http://MyDomainDotCom/index.jsp. If I restart my container the
page loads fine.  This seems to defeat the purpose of the Publish
feature.

These seems like they could be simple fixes. Any direction would be
helpful.  Thanks.

Best,
Chris