[opencms-dev] A question about Permissions

Pomegranate- Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Fri Feb 9 19:13:58 CET 2007

Hi Farnaz, hi Christian,

here is a working guide and webuserlogin.jsp code and a screenshot for
how to set the permissions:

http://www.pomegranate.de:9000/cms/forum/viewthread?thread=96

Kind Regards,
Arash

Christian Steinert schrieb:
> Farnaz Fotrousi schrieb:
>> In the following scenario a child group of "Guests" can not override
>> "Guests" permissions:
>>
>> If you deny all access to Guests for a file, although you give read
>> and view access to a webuser group(which its parent is "Guests") but
>> its members can not read the page.
>> I also included "overwrite inherited" checkbox but nothing changed.
>>
>> Do you know what happens?
> * Have you set "override inherited" for the _webusers'_ permission
> setting? That's where it should be.
> * Have you tried to only explicitly add your webusers to the webusers
> group and not explicitly to the Guests group. (Of course each webuser
> is a guest implicitly, but try to not make them guests explicitly).
>
> these are my only ideas
> hth
> christian

Pomegranate Software | Portal & Content Management Solutions
http://www.pomegranate.de

Dipl. Ing. Arash Kaffamanesh
- Geschäftsführer -
Ackerstrasse 145
10115 Berlin - Mitte

Tel.: 030 28 045 994
Mob.: 0177 880 77 34
Email: arash {dot} kaffamanesh [at] pomegranate {dot} de