[opencms-dev] A question about Permissions

Farnaz Fotrousi f_fotrousi at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 10 08:22:28 CET 2007

Dear Arash,

thanks for your help. I tested your scenario and defined a 'webuser' user(under 'user management' not 'webuser management') and it worked as I would like to give read permission for special webusers to a webpage .

I used to tried working with 'webuser mangement' which couldn't help me.
Now my question is if we can handle these kinds of problems with 'user mangement', what is the usage of 'webuser mangement"?

Regards,
Farnaz

Pomegranate- Arash Kaffamanesh <arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de> wrote: Hi Farnaz, hi Christian,

here is a working guide and webuserlogin.jsp code and a screenshot for
how to set the permissions:

http://www.pomegranate.de:9000/cms/forum/viewthread?thread=96

Kind Regards,
Arash

Christian Steinert schrieb:
> Farnaz Fotrousi schrieb:
>> In the following scenario a child group of "Guests" can not override
>> "Guests" permissions:
>>
>> If you deny all access to Guests for a file, although you give read
>> and view access to a webuser group(which its parent is "Guests") but
>> its members can not read the page.
>> I also included "overwrite inherited" checkbox but nothing changed.
>>
>> Do you know what happens?
> * Have you set "override inherited" for the _webusers'_ permission
> setting? That's where it should be.
> * Have you tried to only explicitly add your webusers to the webusers
> group and not explicitly to the Guests group. (Of course each webuser
> is a guest implicitly, but try to not make them guests explicitly).
>
> these are my only ideas
> hth
> christian

Pomegranate Software | Portal & Content Management Solutions
http://www.pomegranate.de

Dipl. Ing. Arash Kaffamanesh
- Gesch�ftsf�hrer -
Ackerstrasse 145
10115 Berlin - Mitte

Tel.: 030 28 045 994
Mob.: 0177 880 77 34
Email: arash {dot} kaffamanesh [at] pomegranate {dot} de