[opencms-dev] Upload Applet Exception

Fabian Huschka fabian.huschka at componio.net
Tue Feb 13 01:11:20 CET 2007

Hello Chris,

have you secured the workplace via SSL? If so, I remember that the
applet tries to validate the SSL certificate and in case it is a self
signed one (e.g. via Plesk) the applet crashes. The cure for us has been
to install a SSL certificate signed by a public trustcenter (e.g.
GeoTrust, Verizon  ....). You may also temper with the applet itself
(add the self-signing authority cert for example) but we decided against
it to for the sake of OpenCms "updateability".

Regards,

Fabian