[opencms-dev] OpenCms developer seems to have screwed a site - just a

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Wed Feb 14 10:17:01 CET 2007

Overall the principles are the same. Somewhere in the online
documentation (which you can install as a part of the OpenCms
installation), you can find a page related to porting from 5 to 6. Among
other things it lists the changes to the API - in most cases it is just
a question of renaming the Java packages.

There is a new book for OpenCms 6 by the same author, and it does cover
the basics on making a template. The book for 5 does cover more
developer-related items than the new one though. I've made a short
review of the book here:

http://www.codedroids.com/en/opencms/packt-opencms-review.html

mohamed hadj taieb wrote:

> Hi everybody
> i ve bought this book to learn openCMS "Building Websites with OpenCms"
> visit this to get an idea about this book
>
> http://www.packtpub.com/view_book/isbn/1904811043
>
> it s a good book but the problem is that the examples shown in the
> *Chapter 4: Customizing the Site *are done with openCMS 5. and i m using
> openCMS 6
>
> this chapter cover : Working with templates ,  Using OpenCms JSP tag
> libraries , Creating JSP scriptlets , Managing *FlexCache *directives,
> Configuring internationalization and i found some difficulties because i
> m working with openCMS 6 and not 5
>
> i want to know if there is a big difference of treating templates with
> the openCMS 6 and  5
>
> is there similar detailled book for openCMS 6
>
> thank you

Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS
Phone: +45 48 22 46 46
cpr (you know what) codedroids.com - http://www.codedroids.com