[opencms-dev] PostgreSQL support

W. Anderson wanderson at nac.net
Mon Feb 19 19:24:54 CET 2007

I am disappointed that the OpenCMS, rel 6.2.3 install procedure does not
adequately address the issue of "failed" configuration of my PostgreSQL
8.1 database, with appropriate JDBC files. No indication was given
for problem.

Is there a "documented" process for installing PostgreSQL, or even
SyBASE  ASE15 (as secondary consideration), that I can follow for
successful implementation of OpenCMS 6.2.3?

Supporting "only" MySQL as the "preferred" Free/Open Source Software
database is not acceptable in February, 2007.

Any help in this matter is appreciated.

Wendell Anderson
wanderson at nac.net