[opencms-dev] PostgreSQL support

Gaith Bader gaithb at cse.unsw.edu.au
Tue Feb 20 04:23:49 CET 2007

Hi Wendell,
I have got the same problem, or lets say I got a failed install of
OpenCms 6.2.3 when trying to use it with PostgreSQL, if this is what
you are having a problem with then it is  a memory problem and  a
fast search in the opencms-dev archive would give you the relevant
answer, which is here...

http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2006q2/024487.html

Regards,
Gaith

On 20/02/2007, at 5:24 AM, W. Anderson wrote:

> I am disappointed that the OpenCMS, rel 6.2.3 install procedure
> does not
> adequately address the issue of "failed" configuration of my
> PostgreSQL
> 8.1 database, with appropriate JDBC files. No indication was given
> for problem.
>
> Is there a "documented" process for installing PostgreSQL, or even
> SyBASE  ASE15 (as secondary consideration), that I can follow for
> successful implementation of OpenCMS 6.2.3?
>
> Supporting "only" MySQL as the "preferred" Free/Open Source Software
> database is not acceptable in February, 2007.
>
> Any help in this matter is appreciated.
>

> Wendell Anderson
> wanderson at nac.net

____
Gaith Bader
Computer Systems Officer
School of Computer Science and Engineering
The University of New South Wales