[opencms-dev] Internationalization and Multilanguage

Carl Alex Friis Nielsen cfn at kb.dk
Tue Feb 20 11:36:20 CET 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org@KB On Behalf Of "Dylan Milks" <DMilks at greenridge.ca>

> Can OpenCMS do this automatically or do I have to extend it myself by writing
> my own filtering mechanism for the navigation bar that's automatically included
> in the Template 1 templates?

You have to build it.

> In general, I'm I attempting to do this Multilanguage site the best way,
> or is there another way that would make more sense?  (By the way, I'm
> using OpenCMS version 6.something)

This has been extensively discussed on this list, so you should search the
archive.

We do multilingual stuff by having a folder for each locale directly under the
site root and keep all content for a locale in its folder. No need to set
the locale property of the content in the folder - everything inherits the
property from the top folder.

Much more detail (and discussion of alternatives) can be found in previous posts.

Cheers,

Carl