[opencms-dev] Cannot View Context Menus Using Browsers on Mac

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Sun Feb 25 11:55:35 CET 2007

There are some platform differences it seems in case of Firefox. On Mac
OS X you don't get any menu as you've noticed (though right/ctrl-click
works inside the FCK editor). On Ubuntu 6.10 you get the both the
context menu along with Fx's own context menu (and that happens both in
the explorer and inside the FCK editor).

What you can do is to "revert" to the way one would get the context menu
in OpenCms 5 which still works in 6: left-click on the document icon.

Weems, William A wrote:
> We are systematically evaluating OpenCms as a possible CMS solution for
> the U. Texas Health Science Center at Houston. We are very pleased with
> what we see.  However, we have been unable to get the WorkPlace Explorer
> view to display the Context Menus on Macs OS X using Safari, FireFox or
> Opera.
>

> Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Our test OpenCms implementation is as follows:
>

> Running on a VMware image.
> VMware-server-1.0.0-24927
> uname -a
> Linux shib-sp.uth.tmc.edu 2.6.9-42.0.8.EL #1 Tue Jan 23 12:37:31 EST
> 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
> cat /etc/redhat-release
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 4)
> 512mb ram configured for VM.
> opencms_6.2.3
> apache-tomcat-5.5.20
> jdk1.5.0_10