[opencms-dev] Cannot View Context Menus Using Browsers on Mac

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sun Feb 25 14:57:33 CET 2007

Weems, William A schrieb:

> We are systematically evaluating OpenCms as a possible CMS solution
> for the U. Texas Health Science Center at Houston . We are very
> pleased with what we see.  However, we have been unable to get the
> WorkPlace Explorer view to display the Context Menus on Macs OS X
> using Safari, FireFox or Opera.
>

> Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Just to make sure: the context menus can be called up in two ways:
- by right-clicking a file or folder name; this may not work with every
browser and may be dependent on browser settings
- but also by left-clicking on the file or folder type icon in the right
of the two major explorer areas; this should hopefully work with at
least Firefox
____

For firefox there seems to be a setting to control whether an
application may replace the browser's context menu or not. IIRC this
setting is disabled by default (i.e. applications may not present their
own context menu opon right-clicking).

You can find the setting under Edit->Preferences; Content -> Activate
JavaScript -> Advanced
There should be a setting like "deactivate/replace the context menu",
which you may have to activate.

Please don't take the names of the menu items literally, because I am
using a German copy of Firefox, so I don't know what the exact English
names of the menu options are.

hth. If you still have problems, please ask again.
chrisitian