[opencms-dev] how to make a copy of TemplateOne and start development?

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Apr 11 17:12:30 CEST 2007

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 11:52:34AM +0300, Vikrama Sanjeeva wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Well, as of now, I am trying a very simple test. I had created module and
> then created "myTemplate.jsp":
>
> /system/modules/com.my.test.modules.templates/templates/
>
> myTemplate.jsp is divided into plain 3 sections, i.e header, body, footer.
> I'd colored them as well just to differentiate b/w 3 regions. Then i created
> "Index.html" under "/sites/default" in location "myLocation". This is where
> I am right now.
>
> What I am trying to achieve, is to create separate content JSP for header,
> body & footer, and then on clicking "index.html", myTemplate.jsp should load
> along with the contents of header, body and footer jsp.
>
>   How can I do this later part? i.e. separating header, body n footer
> and linking
> b/w index.html and myTemplate.jsp.
>
> plz. help.

Sorry for coming up late with my answer.
I assume you already have the loading of the templates in your
templates/myTemplate.jsp
and have  jsps

head
foot

in e.g. ../elements.

When you have given a name to myTemplate you will see this template
when you open the context menu->properties on your index.html.
Just add the template in the properties editor and the jsp is executed
when you open the index.html.

Is it that you wanted to know?