[opencms-dev] Mappings (sometimes) not working.

EdCincy edcincy at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 18:22:44 CEST 2007

I am having a mapping problem that is driving me insane.  The mappings I make
don't seem to "stick" on some files.

Here is a XSD snippet...

<xsd:sequence>
			<xsd:element name="Name" type="OpenCmsString" />
</xsd:sequence>

Then the mapping...

<mappings>
                     <mapping element="Name" mapto="property:NavText" />
</mappings>

When a new XML content document is created, sometimes this works (i.e. maps
the name to the NavText) and sometimes not.   I can even go into previously
created files, make changes, and save the changes and the mapping may or may
not take effect.

When you make changes to a schema, will those new changes take effect when
you open, edit and then save a previoulsy created document?   Or do you have
to recreate the document all over again?

Why does this work on some docs but not on others when they all use the same
schema?   I'm viewing the site in "offline" mode so caching should not be an
issue.

Had ANYONE had this same experience?