[opencms-dev] hiding an element of the xml content at direct editing

Alfonso de Gea García addegea at ono.com
Wed Apr 18 20:48:33 CEST 2007

Hello,

How could I hide a field (an element) in the direct edit view?

In others words, in the view of the internal default editor for any xml
content.

I have created a new content type (with its xsd schema definition) and the
first element its named User.

This field its about to store the name of an user of OpenCms (the login
name) and it’s initialized with

the default clause with the ${currentuser.name} so it’s never empty.

The way I want this xml content to show in direct edit view is hiding this
‘User’ element.

TIA and regards.