[opencms-dev] redirect from within template

Felix Sprick felix.sprick at netlight.se
Wed Apr 25 09:56:20 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have trouble redirecting a request from within my template. I would like to
call another page that is located outside the CMS environment while passing the
parameters that the template page has received.
This is what I do:

Enumeration pNames = request.getParameterNames();
   while (pNames.hasMoreElements())
   {
     String parameterName = pNames.nextElement().toString();
     String paramValue = request.getParameter(parameterName);
     paramValue = java.net.URLDecoder.decode(paramValue, codePage);
     paramValue = java.net.URLEncoder.encode(paramValue,"UTF-8");
    if (parameters.equals(""))
    {
      parameters = parameterName + "=" + paramValue;
     }
    else
    {
      parameters += "&" + parameterName + "=" + paramValue;
    }
   }

String destination = "http://myExternalPage.com/index.html?" + parameters ;
CmsRequestUtil.forwardRequest(destination , request,response)

What happens is that I get redirected to an empty page. I printed out the
string where it is supposed to redirect and it looks fine. There are no log
entries whatsoever. Any idea what I could have done wrong? Are there any other
ways to do redirects in the template?

/Felix