[opencms-dev] Unable to read OpenCMS XML error

sharif islam sharif.islam at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 16:24:59 CEST 2007

On 4/24/07, Alfonso de Gea GarcĂ­a <addegea at ono.com> wrote:
> Hello Sharif,
>
> I think that it is a problem with the encoding of your xml configuration
> files.
>
> Maybe you have to use an editor like notepad++ and be sure to set the
> encoding of your OpenCms xml configuration files as ANSI.
> That's to say, the native encoding of your File System (I guess...).
> Some times the editors like notepad change, silently, the encoding of your
> files to another one configurated by default in its configuration, a weird
> thing!!

I changed the encoding and also found out there were some missing
elements in the ocee-ldap.xml file that I was working on.  So I got
the opencms admin interface up and running without the error
message.However, still having problems with the  validationhandler tag
in the opencms-systems.xml file. If I add that element, opencms breaks
and I get that XML error.

--sharif