[opencms-dev] Unable to read OpenCMS XML error

Alfonso de Gea García addegea at ono.com
Tue Apr 24 19:57:25 CEST 2007

Hello Sharif,

I think that it is a problem with the encoding of your xml configuration
files.

Maybe you have to use an editor like notepad++ and be sure to set the
encoding of your OpenCms xml configuration files as ANSI.
That's to say, the native encoding of your File System (I guess...).
Some times the editors like notepad change, silently, the encoding of your
files to another one configurated by default in its configuration, a weird
thing!!

Once time I suffered the same error you are mentioning and that was the
solution.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Alfonso de Gea García.