[opencms-dev] OpenCMS authorization trouble

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sat May 5 22:24:23 CEST 2007

Kalle Happonen schrieb:
> Hi all,
> I have got a problem with OpenCms. I'm not sure if it's a result of
> moving to a new Tomcat version, and that there are some misconfigured
> stuff in the deep recesses of the configuration files. The installation
> moved from /opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.17 to
> /opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.23.

this should not make a difference. All paths should be relative to the
web application root folder and opencms should not care where this web
app folder lies.
> The problem is that in the OpenCms workplace people do see the projects,
> but nobody has permission to do anything, even if they belong to the
> admin group.
What happens, if you try to  - say edit or create a page?
Any error messages? Any details inside of these error messages?
> The only site e.g. I can modify is /sites/default. Viewing
> the site works without trouble. I'm not sure what other info is relavant
> at the moment.
>
> So as I said, I don't know where the problem lies, could anyone give a
> pointer? Some  files in the wrong place?
any information in the opencms logs?
Can you call your website(s) normally from a browser?
Does the workplace work at all - if so: what does / what doesn't
> wrong info in the database?

normally not, at least not because of a simple tomcat update

regards
christian