[opencms-dev] Ability to export pages as static html files

Michael von Bodungen vb at sharedvision.com
Thu May 10 16:30:59 CEST 2007

I am new to OpenCms.  I would like to know if there is a way after
authoring pages to push static html for those pages to the web server
sitting on a different machine. We would like to avoid going through the
OpenCms runtime at production.

Reading the help it appeared that a page can be exported to the file
system, but this occurs at runtime during the first request to the page.
This seemed more like a caching mechanism than an export mechanism.

Thanks,

Michael