[opencms-dev] adding new template elements

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue May 15 22:28:43 CEST 2007

I have template elements Inhalt and Titel in my maintemplate.
Now I was in need of a further element. I recalled that one has to edit
the control code (xml) and add a new <element> entry.

I see this now in the page editor as an option, but it is marked with a
*, while the other content tags are not marked with a "*".

What is the * for and is there a nechanism to get rid of it?