[opencms-dev] OpenCms compatible with Apple ?

Roedel, Mark MarkRoedel at letu.edu
Tue May 22 21:20:39 CEST 2007

Since I've actually been playing with this just this morning...

Safari is the browser that's bundled by Apple with OSX.  It's able to
access OpenCMS just fine.  However, when it comes to editing content it
only presents the source code editor, not the wysiwyg.  (This is a
limitation of FCKEditor, not of OpenCMS itself, and one which is
apparently the subject of some ongoing R&D -- see
http://www.fckeditor.net/safari for details.)

On my Macbook, I use Camino (which is built from the Firefox codebase),
which FCKEditor does support with wysiwyg editing.

--
Mark Roedel
Senior Programmer / Analyst