[opencms-dev] About Installation

Dana Halabi d3hhalabi at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 02:12:34 CET 2007

you should folow the steps that ome with Opencms (install.html),

   Install the Java 2 SDK, version 5 or newer
   Install Tomcat
   Install MySQL
   Deploy the opencms.war file
   Install OpenCms using the Setup-Wizard
  My environment is

   J2SDK ver 6
   Tomcat 5.5.9
   MySQl 5 and also fine with Oracle 10g
  with my first installation try, I face problem that the istallation process is dne successfull but could not open the link
  http://193.188.73.19:8090/opencms/opencms/index.jsp

  I post the problem to this list and I got the soluotion: install the opencms under Tomcat with version 5.5.9 (it does not work with version 5.5.0)

  (this the topic [opencms-dev] problem with installation and opencms.tld)

  I do not try with version 6, If you try please post a feedback.

  I try to install the Opencms under JBoss, But it does not work fine. If you try please post a feedback.

  Best Regads
  Dana H Halabi

ramesh kumar <rameshbhamidipati at gmail.com> wrote:
    Hi

  I need detail instructions to install OpenCMS in my system .Please give the requirements and details of installation steps to install ....

  Thanks in Advance

  Ramesh

  On 11/22/07, Doru Captar <Doru.Captar at electricats.ro> wrote:         Hi,

  1. Question

  I have installed OpenCms 7.0.3 in /webapps/ROOT/ with opencms.war renamed root.war (first I have renamed ROOT). I need to access the site(s) with http://www.my.domain(s)

  I can access system login with http://www.my.domain/root/opencms/system/login/

  (The IIS 6.0 Default Web Site has Home Directory $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/root )

  But after typing username and pass it looks for http://www.my.domain/root/system/login/index.html

  And, of course, can't find it.

  Other Tomcat examples work well http://www.my.domain/servlets-examples/  or http://www.my.domain/jsp-examples/

  My config is Win2003 R2 + IIS 6.0 + Java SDK 1.5.06 + JK 1.2.14 + Tomcat5.5 + OpenCms 7.0.3

  I have read the document Alkacon OpenCms 7 Howto Setting up httpd Tomcat and mod_proxy and the document for serving multiple sites, but the documents are for Apache+Tomcat+OpenCms.

  I need something similar for IIS 6.0

  2. Question:

  The web server is in DMZ can I access system/login only from non-public address

  Thanks in advance.

  With respect,

  Doru CAPTAR

FDEE Electrica Distributie Transilvania Sud S.A.
Str. Pictor Luchian nr. 25, 500193 Brasov

tel. +40 268 305146
mobil +40 728 108374

Ramesh Kumar B
ramesh at hyd.iridiuminteractive.com