[opencms-dev] Direct Edit problem

Lori Boes lori at skysailtech.com
Tue Dec 4 01:21:54 CET 2007

Hi all,

My system is set up so that the user logs in (using
/sites/default/login.jsp) and then views a listing of the files that he is
responsible for (created by /sites/default/list.jsp). When he clicks on the
'edit' link for the file, the file opens and you can see the content, but
when he presses the direct edit button he gets a
CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException error:.

If he logs into the normal Opencms interface & views his file through the
explorer interface, the direct edit button works so it appears that file
permissions are correct. The file is in a directory
/sites/default/docs/filename.html. File permissions are set up so that the
Users group has +r+v and the user responsible for the file has +w.

I have also made the changes to the system to remove one of the opencms'
from the URL. So perhaps I messed something up here.

I appreciate any suggestions anyone may have.

Here is the error message:
org.opencms.file.CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException: Error reading resource
from path "/docs/filename.html".
        at
org.opencms.file.CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException.createException(CmsVfsResou
rceNotFoundException.java:78)
        at org.opencms.db.CmsDbContext.throwException(CmsDbContext.java:238)
        at org.opencms.db.CmsDbContext.report(CmsDbContext.java:212)
        at
org.opencms.db.CmsSecurityManager.readResource(CmsSecurityManager.java:3952)
        at org.opencms.file.CmsObject.readResource(CmsObject.java:3466)
        at org.opencms.file.CmsObject.readResource(CmsObject.java:3432)
        at org.opencms.file.CmsObject.readDefaultFile(CmsObject.java:2665)
        at org.opencms.main.OpenCmsCore.initResource(OpenCmsCore.java:1354)
        at org.opencms.main.OpenCmsCore.showResource(OpenCmsCore.java:1482)
        at org.opencms.main.OpenCmsServlet.doGet(OpenCmsServlet.java:171)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
        at
FilterChain.java:269)
        at
ain.java:188)
        at
va:210)
        at
va:174)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117
)
        at
:108)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:151)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:870)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
onnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.jav
a:528)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWo
rkerThread.java:81)
        at
a:685)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: org.opencms.file.CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException: Unable to read
resource "/docs/filename.html".
        at
org.opencms.db.generic.CmsVfsDriver.readResource(CmsVfsDriver.java:1786)
        at
org.opencms.db.CmsDriverManager.readResource(CmsDriverManager.java:6331)
        at
org.opencms.db.CmsSecurityManager.readResource(CmsSecurityManager.java:5850)
        at
org.opencms.db.CmsSecurityManager.readResource(CmsSecurityManager.java:3950)
        ... 22 more

Lori