[opencms-dev] Login as Admin and "login back" as the previous user

Celio Faria Jr celiofariajr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 03:48:39 CET 2008

Hi all,

I am trying to programatically create a scheduled job and write some
"acceptance" files (for the users to agree with the site Terms of Use). In
order to do that, I have to login as Admin, because common users 1 - do not
have the permission to schedule jobs and 2- cannot create files into the
"acceptance" files directory (which is located inside my module).

The problem is, when I logout the Admin after do the writing and/or
scheduling, the session is lost and the OpenCms current user is now "Guest"
(or at least I think so).

I was wondering if there is an elegant way to log as Admin, do some tasks
and "login back" as the previous user...

Another solution would be giving the users permission to schedule jobs, but
the role that allows this also gives them other permissions I don´t want
them to have.

Someone having the same problem? Any clues on other solutions?

TIA,

Célio.