[opencms-dev] Open 7.0.3 setup install hanging on agree to terms step

Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Thu Jan 17 21:00:43 CET 2008

cheers ;o)

Seth Gottlieb wrote:
> Yes, tomcatctl started tomcat through jsvc. Long live startup.sh!
>

> On Jan 17, 2008 1:33 PM, Claus Priisholm <cpr at codedroids.com> wrote:
>
>> I am not familiar with tomcatctl but if it uses jsvc (seems like
>> something to that effect based on the stack trace:
>> org.apache.commons.daemon.support...), it may be the reason.
>>
>> I've just noticed some seemingly arbitrary class loader issues (causing
>> images to disappear) on Ubuntu 7.10 where tomcat is started through
>> jsvc. Starting  tomcat "the old fashioned way" without jsvc works, the
>> and images shows up again. I've seem the problem with both OC 6.2.3 and
>> 7.0.3.
>>

>> Seth Gottlieb wrote:
>>
>>> I seem to have fixed the problem by copying my tomcat5 directory into
>>> my home directory and running the server as my own user using
>>> startup.sh rather than tomcatctl.
>>>
>>> Thanks everyone for helping me zero in on a work around.
>>>
>>> --Seth

>> --
>> Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS
>> Phone: +45 48 22 46 46
>> cpr (you know what) codedroids.com - http://www.codedroids.com
>> cpr (you know what) interlet.dk - http://www.interlet.dk
>> --
>> Javadocs and other OpenCms stuff:
>> http://www.codedroids.com/community/opencms

Pomegranate Software | Portal & Enterprise Content Management Solutions
http://www.pomegranate.de

Arash Kaffamanesh
Ackerstrasse 145
10115 Berlin - Center

Eigelstein 53 - 55
50668 Cologne

mobile: 0177 880 77 34
phone: 030 28 045 994
phone: 0221 379 90 680
email: arash {dot} kaffamanesh [at] pomegranate {dot} de