[opencms-dev] openCMS workflow - Please help!

Carl Alex Friis Nielsen cfn at kb.dk
Mon Jan 21 15:41:05 CET 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org [mailto:opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org]On Behalf Of Vikrama Sanjeeva
> Is below workflow achievable using openCMS?

It depens on what you mean by achievable.
You CAN tell A,B and C to do things this way and the system will let them do it.
You CAN NOT have the system enforce it for you, so you will need some mechanism for
letting B know when there is something to be approved and let C know when something is ready
to be published.

> * user A created a content
> * content went for to user B.
> * user B either Rejects or Approves content
> * if B approves, it went to C
> * Finally C publishes the content
>
> this is simple workflow. Please tell me how I can achieve this workflow in openCMS?
You can manage the workflow manually,
look for some worflow module adding functionality or
modify OpenCms to suit your needs better.

Cheers,

Carl