[opencms-dev] Creating a group for developers (This is the correctask)

Alexandre Morozov morozov at codecentric.de
Fri Feb 1 10:23:44 CET 2008

Hello Raul,

I think you can't define a new system group between Admins and Projectmanagers, all system roles are hard-coded in the org.opencms.security.CmsRole class.
You can create a new Administrator-Group and control the visibility of Admin-tools for this Admin-Group with your own CmsToolHandler. You should extend A_CmsToolHandler and implement the isEnabled(CmsObject) and/or isVisible(CmsObject)-Methods. Then insert your class in the property admintoolhandler-class of several admin-tools under /system/workplace/admin/.

Best regards,
Alex Morozov

codecentric GmbH
Grünewalder Str. 29-31
42657 Solingen

Telefon +49 (212) 24 94 331
Fax +49 (212) 24 94 334
Mobil +49 (151) 167 06 497
eMail morozov at codecentric.de
Internet http://www.codecentric.de

Geschäftsführer: Peter Gierse, Mirko Novakovic und Rainer Vehns Sitz der Gesellschaft: Solingen