[opencms-dev] Right-click menu not appearing within OpenCMS Workplace

djano djanousek at iesabroad.org
Tue Feb 5 22:42:01 CET 2008

I just finished installing a clean version of OpenCMS 7.0.3 and when I log
into the OpenCMS Workplace, the  right-click menus do not appear for any
file or folder.

When I right-click I receive an error that reads "makeRequest is not
defined".

MakeRequest is a function call from within the explorer.js (an OpenCMS
source file).  The following line from within explorer.js is throwing the
error:

makeRequest(vr.servpath +
'/system/workplace/views/explorer/contextmenu.jsp', 'resourcelist=' +
resourceList + "&acttarget=" + top.active_target, 'showContextMenu');

Ajax.js - located in the same folder as explorer.js
(/webapps/opencms/resources/common) - is the file which does house the
makeRequest definition shown below:

function makeRequest(url, params, method) {

   var http_request = false;
   if (window.XMLHttpRequest) { // Mozilla, Safari, ...
      http_request = new XMLHttpRequest();
      if (http_request.overrideMimeType) {
         http_request.overrideMimeType('text/xml');
      }
   } else if (window.ActiveXObject) { // IE
      try {
         http_request = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP");
      } catch (e) {
         try {
            http_request = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
         } catch (e) {}
      }
   }
   if (!http_request && navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("msie") !=
-1) {
   	  // for IE browsers without ActiveX enabled, use the <iframe>
workaround
      try {
         http_request = new XMLHttpRequestIE();
      } catch (e) {}
   }
   if (!http_request) {
      updateContents('fatal', eval(method));
      return false;
   }
   updateContents('wait', eval(method));
   http_request.onreadystatechange = function() {
updateContents(http_request, eval(method)); };
   http_request.open('POST', url, true);
   try {
   	  http_request.setRequestHeader("Content-type",
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
   	  http_request.setRequestHeader("Content-length", params.length);
   } catch (e) {}
   http_request.send(params);
}

I have been working with OpenCMS 6.2.1 in the past and the right-click menus
work fine.  Any suggestions how to get the menus working?