[opencms-dev] Tomcat ROOT directory disappeared

Lori Boes lori at skysailtech.com
Sat Feb 9 02:12:23 CET 2008

Hi,

I really messed up my system. I have (had) OpenCms 7.0.1 installed and had
removed one of the /opencms from the URL by installing in Tomcat as ROOT. In
the log file today I noticed there was an error about ROOT.war deploying. I
renamed ROOT.war to get rid of it (I thought it could be removed as I think
I had done this before with the opencms.war) and my ROOT directory
disappeared. What is the best way to go about restoring my system? Restore
the ROOT directory from a recent backup? Reinstall Opencms?

Thanks for any help

Lori