[opencms-dev] Tomcat ROOT directory disappeared

Fabian Huschka fabian.huschka at componio.net
Sat Feb 9 02:24:30 CET 2008

Hello Lori,

restore the recent backup of ROOT. In the fututre if you want to remove
rename .war files, stop Tomcat in advance.

Regards,

Fabian

Lori Boes schrieb:

> Hi,
>

> I really messed up my system. I have (had) OpenCms 7.0.1 installed and
> had removed one of the /opencms from the URL by installing in Tomcat
> as ROOT. In the log file today I noticed there was an error about
> ROOT.war deploying. I renamed ROOT.war to get rid of it (I thought it
> could be removed as I think I had done this before with the
> opencms.war) and my ROOT directory disappeared. What is the best way
> to go about restoring my system? Restore the ROOT directory from a
> recent backup? Reinstall Opencms?
>

> Thanks for any help
>

> Lori

componio GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Straße 7
D - 64293  Darmstadt
Tel:	+49.6151.500.367.11
Office:	+49.6151.500.367.0
Fax:	+49.6151.500.367.6
Internet: http://www.componio.net
E-Mail:	componio at componio.net
HRB 9624 - Registergericht Amtsgericht Darmstadt