[opencms-dev] Tomcat ROOT directory disappeared

Lori Boes lori at skysailtech.com
Mon Feb 11 20:20:25 CET 2008

Thanks! I'm back up and running.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fabian Huschka [mailto:fabian.huschka at componio.net]
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 5:25 PM
To: lori at skysailtech.com; The OpenCms mailing list
Subject: Re: [opencms-dev] Tomcat ROOT directory disappeared

Hello Lori,

restore the recent backup of ROOT. In the fututre if you want to remove
rename .war files, stop Tomcat in advance.

Regards,

Fabian

Lori Boes schrieb:

> Hi,
>

> I really messed up my system. I have (had) OpenCms 7.0.1 installed and
> had removed one of the /opencms from the URL by installing in Tomcat
> as ROOT. In the log file today I noticed there was an error about
> ROOT.war deploying. I renamed ROOT.war to get rid of it (I thought it
> could be removed as I think I had done this before with the
> opencms.war) and my ROOT directory disappeared. What is the best way
> to go about restoring my system? Restore the ROOT directory from a
> recent backup? Reinstall Opencms?
>

> Thanks for any help
>

> Lori

componio GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Straße 7
D - 64293  Darmstadt
Tel:	+49.6151.500.367.11
Office:	+49.6151.500.367.0
Fax:	+49.6151.500.367.6
Internet: http://www.componio.net
E-Mail:	componio at componio.net
HRB 9624 - Registergericht Amtsgericht Darmstadt