[opencms-dev] Converting a Microsite into a site

Iván Velamazán González ivan.velamazan at gtbi.net
Wed Feb 13 11:11:12 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm in the task of trying to link our site to a "clean URL", which I
haven't got yet. From what I've read, I have the idea that the best is
to have any site defined as that, a site, in OpenCms, e.g., as a folder
placed at "/sites", so it's easier to link it to a domain using "<site>"
tag in "opencms-system.xml".

So I got my MicroSite previously defined into the default site
"/sites/default", copied (to test) to "/sites/NewSite", changed the
folder type from "microsite" to "folder", and now comes the question:
what do i do with the "_configuration" folder, which is the special
configuration for that Microsite? Also, things like news, forms,
galleries are broken, probably because of some link to resources or
configuration files. What should I do, create a module or something like
that?

Any hints would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

--
Iván Velamazán González