[opencms-dev] How can we static export without links being changed?

John Weible jweible at uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 14 18:18:27 CET 2008

I have a question about the simplest way to disable the link rewriting
that happens by default when pages are static exported.  (We're running
version 7.0.1 about to upgrade to 7.0.3.)

Our OpenCms system is one of several back-end servers we run behind an
Apache 2.2 reverse proxy server using mod_proxy.  We configured our
Apache proxy to serve most CMS-hosted content from the
.../export/sites/default/... directories, so that users don't hit the
dynamic versions of the pages at all, and our users only see the nice
short clean URLs we want them to see.

The annoying problem is that when pages are static exported, the
internal links in them get rewritten with a prefix of
"/export/sites/default/".  I understand why this is normally a necessary
thing.  But clearly in an environment where OpenCms is being reverse
proxied, this is not a benefit.  So how do we modify the export process
to leave those links alone when writing the files?

I took a quick look at the source code and didn't see an easy fix, but
there are so many nested classes and method calls being used I may just
not see the easy fix.  I also didn't notice any directive to change this
behavior in the opencms-importexport.xml file.

Thanks!

--
John Weible