[opencms-dev] Setting MIME Types in OpenCMS 7.0.3

Detlef Beyer d.beyer at crash.de
Fri Feb 22 15:28:10 CET 2008

Hello :)

I need to set two MIME-Types in OpenCMS to deliver MIDlets (mobile
phone app) to my clients:

MIME type - application/java-archive
extension - .jar

MIME type - text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor
extension - .jad

I checked the MIME-Type settings in Apache and Tomcat and everything
is fine there. So I think I will have to tell OpenCMS about the new
MIME Types?!

I found the hint that I will have to extract org/opencms/loader/
mimetypes.properties from the opencms.jar. But the file is not there
in 7.0.3.

Can you give me a hint where to set the MIME-Types in OpenCMS 7.0.3?!

Thanks for your help,

Detlef