[opencms-dev] hibernate and opencms

David Trattnig david.trattnig at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 10:06:08 CET 2008

As Arash wrote the Springmanager Module is a good starting point to use
Spring/Hibernate in OpenCms. It offers the possiblity to configure and
reload your spring beans from the OpenCms VFS.

To access the OpenCms Database properties I've simply extended the
Spring *DriverManagerDatasource
*and filled with the data from the OpenCms *CmsConfigurationManager:

*public class WorkflowDataSource extends
org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource {
    private static Map data;

    public WorkflowDataSource() {

        if (data != null) {
            setUrl((String)data.get("db.pool.default.jdbcUrl")
                   +(String) data.get("db.pool.default.jdbcUrl.params"));
            setUsername((String) data.get("db.pool.default.user"));
            setPassword((String) data.get("db.pool.default.password"));
            setDriverClassName((String) data.get("db.pool.default.jdbcDriver
"));
        }
    }

    public static void initDatasourceData(CmsConfigurationManager config) {
        data = config.getConfiguration();
    }
}

Don't forget to load the initDatasourceData method on Tomcat Startup. Now
you have a fully configured Datasource Bean you can use with other Spring
Beans needing Database Connectivity. If you need other details checkout the
workflow 2 module:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=180314

Cheers
David