[opencms-dev] Problem with zombie content

Jan.Hegewald at sdm.de Jan.Hegewald at sdm.de
Mon Mar 10 18:31:50 CET 2008

Good evening,

recently I ran into a problem which looks like OpenCms mixed something up in
the VFS. Here are the symptoms:

I have a folder "data" which I can delete and publish in the offline project.
Despite it is gone in the offline project after publishing, it remains visible
in the online project with exactly one file "100341" in it. This file seems to
be the problem.

If I recreate the folder in the offline project, it is shown as empty. When
published, the folder appears in the online project as a second folder "data"
in parallel to the first folder "data" with identical content, if I put any
in.

Afterwards I am able to create the file "100341" that is left in the online
project in the newly created folder in the offline project, but when trying to
publish it, this fails with the following error message:

Error publishing file "/sites/default/data/100341".
Fehler org.opencms.file.CmsVfsResourceAlreadyExistsException: Die Ressource
"/data/100341" kann nicht erstellt werden, denn sie existiert bereits.
at org.opencms.db.generic.CmsVfsDriver.createResource(CmsVfsDriver.java:441)
at
org.opencms.db.generic.CmsProjectDriver.publishFileContent(CmsProjectDriver.java:1276)
at
org.opencms.db.generic.CmsProjectDriver.publishFile(CmsProjectDriver.java:1136)
at
org.opencms.db.generic.CmsProjectDriver.publishProject(CmsProjectDriver.java:1654)
at org.opencms.db.CmsDriverManager.publishProject(CmsDriverManager.java:4493)
at
org.opencms.db.CmsSecurityManager.publishProject(CmsSecurityManager.java:2893)
at org.opencms.file.CmsObject.publishProject(CmsObject.java:1975)
at
org.opencms.workplace.threads.CmsPublishThread.run(CmsPublishThread.java:122)

If I delete the unpublished file "100341" and publish the deletion, this works
without error messages. Nevertheless the file "100341" remains in the online
project.

So, in fact I am unable to create a file "100341" in the offline project and
publish it, since there is a zombie version of it in the online project.

If you have any ideas how to get rid of the zombie file I would greatly
appreciate them!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kind regards,
Jan Hegewald