[opencms-dev] Flex Cache

Pere Torrodellas ptorrodellas at fihoca.com
Wed Mar 12 09:54:47 CET 2008

Hello,

Our Online Flex cache (OpenCms 6.2.3) is using much more storage than anticipated. It's not a lot in the absolute, but I'd like to understand why it includes these two types of resources that, as far as I know, should not be cached:

1 - html pages not available online because their expiration date is passed (of course there have been many cache clears since).

2 - html pages marked in the Flex administration list with "Key: element;locale;" but that are NOT defined as cacheable in their properties.They are associated to templates that have some cached element JSP (navigation menu), but as far as I understand the only resource that should be cached is the JSP itself, and not the whole html page.

If I understand the OpenCms Flex documentation, this should not happen.

Can someone please explain if this is the intended behaviour?

Thanks,

Pere