[opencms-dev] Opencms 7.0.4 and "getting rid of prefix"

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Mar 12 11:38:14 CET 2008

I'm used to run opencms 6.2.x as a tomcat ROOT application with
stripped off /opencms/-Prefix and the steps achieving this
were quite routine.

Now with OpenCms 7.0.3 resp. 7.0.4 I'm stumbling accross some
difficulties that arose and before trying harder to get OpenCms 7.0.4
installed and running as a /ROOT application I would like to think about
not running it under an opencms context and do the rewriting and
server mapping in another way that is sketched out in other HOWTOs

I don't like the jk_mod method though that Sebastian Himberger
is suggesting.

It would be nice if there were an up-to-date document
for prefix-stripping in OpenCMS 7.0.4 though, anyway.

Comments? Anyone running OpenCms in a ROOT application?