[opencms-dev] Opencms 7.0.4 and "getting rid of prefix"

John Weible jweible at uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 12 14:57:14 CET 2008

Hi Christoph.

We never used 6.x in production, but started with 7.  We have the same
issue as you, so if you get any helpful replies off-list, I'd appreciate
if you could forward them.

We were able to reduce our "/opencms/opencms/" down to just "/cms/" but
I still want to get rid of that.  A related thing we want to do is
figure out how to get rid of the "/export/" prefix, probably running our
exported site on another port.

We use an Apache 2.2 reverse proxy out in front of Tomcat/OpenCms, but
that only does url simplification in one direction.

So we can map root-level directories in requests to "/cms/..." on the
back-end with the proxy.  But that doesn't prevent the pages being
returned from having "/cms/" or "/export/" in all the links.

John Weible
Manager of IT Infrastructure & Software Development
University Libraries, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
424 Library, MC-522, Urbana, IL 61801
217-244-6300