[opencms-dev] WebDav Plugin for Eclipse

Nikolas Lotz nlotz at nde.ag
Wed Mar 12 11:09:51 CET 2008

> Since the Module Developer Plugin from Redstart seems not
> to be under active development any more, and I am having
> trouble using it with 7.0.4 (my workaround is also not working
> any more...stilt getting this "Invalid Thread Access" error),
> I would like to use WebDAV to integrate my modules into Eclipse.

in my case the 'Invalid Thread Access' Exception was misleading.
better have a look into '.../workspace/.metadata/.log'

there has been a change in the OpenCms-class 'CmsSystemInfo':

the 'init(...)'-method expects the 'ServletContainerName' as a
fifth parameter since OpenCms version 7.0.3.

find all invocations of this method and pass 'null' or the name
of the ServletContainer as the fifth parameter and the plugin
will be working again for OpenCms >= 7.0.3 ...

exactly the same goes for the 'OpenCmsVFS'-Plugin.

is any of these plugins under active development ? if this is the
case i will try to register as a developer and fix those issues in
version control ...

kind regards
nikolas

--
Nikolas Lotz                            voice   : +49-40-559 51 75
NDE Netzdesign und -entwicklung AG      fax     : +49-40-559 51 77
D-22423 Hamburg                         e-mail  : nlotz at nde.ag

        Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Angelika Mozdzen
          Sitz und Registergericht: Hamburg, HRB 90934
                  Vorstand: Jens-U. Mozdzen
                   USt-IdNr. DE 814 013 983