[opencms-dev] WebDav Plugin for Eclipse

Dave Schoorl maillists at cyber-d.com
Wed Mar 19 15:55:52 CET 2008

Territorio Jordan-V. wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> As i had problems with OpenCMS 7.0.4 and the current version of your
> plugin
> i have decided to checkout the SVN version of the plugin, build a jar, in
> order to correctly connect my own Dev Module project to my OpenCMS server.
> So i used TortoiseSVN to take the under-developpment sources project. And
> Eclipse Europa to build the jar.
>
> Does i need to take some precautions to build the plug-in jar file and
> then
> integrate to eclipse (i'm on a windows environnement) ? (sorry for my
> english i'm just a french ^^)

In the subversion repository there is an Eclipse .project file that
identifies the project as an Eclipse plugin project. This means you must
have the appropriate Eclipse Plugin Development Environment (PDE) plugins
available in Eclipse. This is also called the RCP platform. If you do not
have them or the related sources installed, you can add them to your
eclipse installation via Eclipse's software update mechanism -- although I
believe it is tucked away somewhere in the list and easily overlooked.

The RCP platform is default available in all Europa distributions, but
only the Classic and RCP/Plugin distributions contain the RCP sources by
default. The sources are real handy when debugging eclipse related plugin
problems. See also http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/moreinfo/compare.php.

> NB : Do you use a special plugin to to checkout svn project under eclipse?
> because with my Europa version and the Subclipse Plugin it seems there is
> problem to connect to sourceforge svn (i use a proxy).
> If you want i can try to help you with debugging your plugin during my
> spare
> time...

I also use Subclipse from behind a proxy. There is one catch with
Subclipse, and that is that Subclipse does not use Eclipse's proxy
settings. You must edit the file C:\Documents and Settings\<your username
here>\Application Data\Subversion\servers and at the end of the file, in
the [Global] section add your proxy values for:
http-proxy-host =
http-proxy-port =
http-proxy-username =
http-proxy-password =