[opencms-dev] WebDav Plugin for Eclipse

Territorio Jordan-V. jordan.territorio at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 13:34:12 CET 2008

Hi Dave,

As i had problems with OpenCMS 7.0.4 and the current version of your plugin
i have decided to checkout the SVN version of the plugin, build a jar, in
order to correctly connect my own Dev Module project to my OpenCMS server.
So i used TortoiseSVN to take the under-developpment sources project. And
Eclipse Europa to build the jar.

Does i need to take some precautions to build the plug-in jar file and then
integrate to eclipse (i'm on a windows environnement) ? (sorry for my
english i'm just a french ^^)

NB : Do you use a special plugin to to checkout svn project under eclipse?
because with my Europa version and the Subclipse Plugin it seems there is a
problem to connect to sourceforge svn (i use a proxy).
If you want i can try to help you with debugging your plugin during my spare
time...

2008/3/19, Dave Schoorl <maillists at cyber-d.com>:

> The OpenCms module developer plugin is still under development. The plugin
> is developed and maintained in my spare time, and I haven't been able to
> find any lately (ahhh). No serious, if anyone would like to contribute,
> that would be great. Not only bugfixing, but maybe also extending it's
> features. Currently, the plugin has little added value over WebDav for
> mainstream users, but because of the different nature of both beasts, the
> plugin can be more tailored towards OpenCms support by extending it's
> features.
>
> The issue where changes in OpenCms 7.0.4 breaks the plugin have been
> solved in Subversion repository on SourceForge and will be distributed in
> the next release (0.0.4) when I fix the remaining problem related to
> Eclipse: the "Invalid Thread Access" error.
>
> Again, if anyone would like to participate in the OpenCms module developer
> project, please let me know. I see added value for this plugin when it's
> features are further extended. You can contact me on dave.schoorl at
> redstardevelopment dot nl.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Dave
>

> Nikolas Lotz wrote:
> >
> >> Since the Module Developer Plugin from Redstart seems not
> >> to be under active development any more, and I am having
> >> trouble using it with 7.0.4 (my workaround is also not working
> >> any more...stilt getting this "Invalid Thread Access" error),
> >> I would like to use WebDAV to integrate my modules into Eclipse.
> >
> > in my case the 'Invalid Thread Access' Exception was misleading.
> > better have a look into '.../workspace/.metadata/.log'
> >
> > there has been a change in the OpenCms-class 'CmsSystemInfo':
> >
> > the 'init(...)'-method expects the 'ServletContainerName' as a
> > fifth parameter since OpenCms version 7.0.3.
> >
> > find all invocations of this method and pass 'null' or the name
> > of the ServletContainer as the fifth parameter and the plugin
> > will be working again for OpenCms >= 7.0.3 ...
> >
> > exactly the same goes for the 'OpenCmsVFS'-Plugin.
> >
> > is any of these plugins under active development ? if this is the
> > case i will try to register as a developer and fix those issues in
> > version control ...
> >
> > kind regards
> > nikolas
> >
> > --
> > Nikolas Lotz                            voice   : +49-40-559 51 75
> > NDE Netzdesign und -entwicklung AG      fax     : +49-40-559 51 77
> > Postfach 61 03 15                       mobile  : +49-163-758-6751
> > D-22423 Hamburg                         e-mail  : nlotz at nde.ag
> >
> >         Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Angelika Mozdzen
> >           Sitz und Registergericht: Hamburg, HRB 90934
> >                   Vorstand: Jens-U. Mozdzen
> >                    USt-IdNr. DE 814 013 983

> --
> visit http://www.redstardevelopment for article on OpenCms