[opencms-dev] Publish query issue

Venkateswararao G venkateswararao.g at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 12:09:55 CET 2008

Hi All,

I have a problem while publishing resources (Queries take long time) which I
describe below.
While publishing the resources, the CmsObject gets the publish list (from
SecurityManager.getPublishList() in 6.0, using PublishManager.getPublishList()
in 7.0) and project manager publishes the publish list. The way the OpenCms
APIs query the database to get the publish list is using RESOURCE_PATH LIKE
'<resourcePath>%' when the resource is a folder.

My question is 'Doesnt this query takes time when your data base big when I
actually want to publish the resources in the current folder'.
Why can't the APIs query the DB using PARENT_ID column to optimize the
query.

Regds,
Venkat