[opencms-dev] Automatically setting expiry?

Marko Asplund marko.asplund at ixonos.com
Mon Mar 31 18:32:06 CEST 2008

Hi,

What would be the best way to automatically set the expiry date (e.g. to
two years from the time of publishing) for custom structured content
items if the user has not specified an expiry date?

Should I use an event listener (I_CmsPublishEventListener) for handling
the publish event and then set expiry date for each of the content
items? Can I modify the items in the PublishList directly or do I need
to do a read-lock-update-unlock-publish for each? Would onStart() be the
appropriate phase to implement this?

Or is there a better way to do this?

marko