[opencms-dev] WebDav Plugin for Eclipse

Territorio Jordan-V. jordan.territorio at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 11:13:54 CEST 2008

Dave i'm not able to commit on your svn. The password is coorect for
retieving datas but i can't put corrections in the project... is that
normal?

I have tried to repare properly some of warnings due to the lack of Generics
use. As you don't tell me what JDK to use, i corrected some classes and
compile classes to be compatible in 1.5 or higher.
So now you have some generics in your classes ^^
I also replace some use of new ArrayList where just Collections.emptylist()
are required. Maybe i'm wrong but i don't think so. Nevertheless i've just
put these corrected line in coments and not erased them brutally ^^

2008/3/19, Dave Schoorl <maillists at cyber-d.com>:

> Territorio Jordan-V. wrote:
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > As i had problems with OpenCMS 7.0.4 and the current version of your
> > plugin
> > i have decided to checkout the SVN version of the plugin, build a jar,
> in
> > order to correctly connect my own Dev Module project to my OpenCMS
> server.
> > So i used TortoiseSVN to take the under-developpment sources project.
> And
> > Eclipse Europa to build the jar.
> >
> > Does i need to take some precautions to build the plug-in jar file and
> > then
> > integrate to eclipse (i'm on a windows environnement) ? (sorry for my
> > english i'm just a french ^^)
> >

> In the subversion repository there is an Eclipse .project file that
> identifies the project as an Eclipse plugin project. This means you must
> have the appropriate Eclipse Plugin Development Environment (PDE) plugins
> available in Eclipse. This is also called the RCP platform. If you do not
> have them or the related sources installed, you can add them to your
> eclipse installation via Eclipse's software update mechanism -- although I
> believe it is tucked away somewhere in the list and easily overlooked.
>
> The RCP platform is default available in all Europa distributions, but
> only the Classic and RCP/Plugin distributions contain the RCP sources by
> default. The sources are real handy when debugging eclipse related plugin
> problems. See also http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/moreinfo/compare.php.
>

> > NB : Do you use a special plugin to to checkout svn project under
> eclipse?
> > because with my Europa version and the Subclipse Plugin it seems there
> is
> > problem to connect to sourceforge svn (i use a proxy).
> > If you want i can try to help you with debugging your plugin during my
> > spare
> > time...
> >

> I also use Subclipse from behind a proxy. There is one catch with
> Subclipse, and that is that Subclipse does not use Eclipse's proxy
> settings. You must edit the file C:\Documents and Settings\<your username
> here>\Application Data\Subversion\servers and at the end of the file, in
> the [Global] section add your proxy values for:
> http-proxy-host =
> http-proxy-port =
> http-proxy-username =
> http-proxy-password =