[opencms-dev] How to tackle this scenerioo

Raj Malhotra rajvinder.forummails at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 15:39:29 CEST 2008

Hi Friends
we are planning to migrate form opencms 6.2.3 t opencms 7.0.4 .We have
organization structure as shown below

orgfolder
     orgsite
     teamsite
     usersite
     suborgfolder1
             orgsite
             teamsite
             usersite
             suborgfolder1
                   orgsite
                   teamsite
                   usersite
     suborgfolder3
             orgsite
             teamsite
             usersite

Scenerio is that If user belongs to any organisation he should be able to
edit that organizations as well as its suborganizations orgsite folder. we
want  orgsite folders only to editable.

 In 6.2.3, in order to assign write permissions to orgsite folders , we were
creating a group with required permission and add to each orgsite parent
folder.But problem is that  organization structure is so big that it is
giving performance issues  as we have to create numerous groups(around 2000)
for a particular user.

Is there better way to do it in  7.0.4.Does 7.0.4 supports regular
expression kind of stuff so that we can give something like
orgfolder/.../orgsite as expression and it takes care of all orgsite under
orgfolder.

-Rajvinder