[opencms-dev] Need elaboration on opencms7 feature description

Raj Malhotra rajvinder.forummails at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 15:49:19 CEST 2008

Hi
Below  are the quotes from  opencms 7  features at
http://www.opencms.org/en/support/features/features7/usermanagement.html

The new organisational units allow self managed areas in the OpenCms system
with their own groups and users. Now it is possible to have an
organizational unit for each site in OpenCms, or even for subfolders in a
site.
Could  anyone  explain me what 'self managed are
as' means . How organization unit is beneficial  as compared to simple
folders representing organizations.I mean what was the need to introduce
this feature or what are the scenarios where we can use this feature?

-rajvinder