[opencms-dev] Use an existing servlet from within OpenCms

Yves Glodt yg at mind.lu
Wed Apr 9 22:24:55 CEST 2008

Hello,

I need to use an existing login-servlet from inside a jsp in an OpenCms
instance, and have several questions...

The LoginServlet should be used from a form which is inside a jsp-page
in OpenCms using a template. It will add parameters to the session and
give special functionality to logged-in users. These users are not
OpenCms-system-users, but they come from a separate system and its
Datbase. Now the questions...?

- Is it possible?

- Is it a Good Thing?

- Is it possible to import the LoginServlet.java into the VFS? If yes,
should I create a module for that?

- The LoginServlet uses a different JDBC driver than OpenCms, is it
enough to put this driver in the WEB-INF/lib folder of OpenCms?

- How will be the URL to call it?

Another possibility I see is to create a separate application with my
jsps, the loginservlet and it's jdbc driver, and link to this
application from an iframe from within my template in OpenCms, this
seems more ugly though...

Thanks for your comments,
Yves