[opencms-dev] adding a large number of users

Dana Halabi d3hhalabi at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 01:36:06 CEST 2008

I use opencms v7.0.2

  with user management, try to create user as you expect, for example create the grroup and create a user then assign the user to the group.

  After that use the Im-/Export User Data from account management and make export to created user after select the target group. then make your CVS file as the export one and try to import it using the same feature Im-/Export User Data.

  but try not to add all the users at the same time, it may cause a heavy load  on the opencms. first try to add 10  user as test. then add the users as your environment can have good peformance.

  Just a note, opencms with large number of account have bad performance in user management.

  Best Regards
  Dana H Halabi

"Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
  I have a list of users which I would like to create into the OpenCms
workplace (as normal users, with some group membership, right off).

I'm thinking of putting them all in a text file, put that into the VFS
and write a little JSP which I execute once and be done with it.

I have no idea at the moment how to open a file in OpenCms. Never did
that in an OpenCms jsp before.

Would I use CmsObject.readFile(CmsReource resource)?
But what object?

Could someone give me a starting point?

http://mail.yahoo.com