[opencms-dev] Attach a specific editor to a file extension

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Mon Apr 14 16:08:43 CEST 2008

Olivier,

> Hi (again).
>
> Before I decide to switch to OpenCms, I need to be sure I can visually
> edit "real" html files (not xlmpage suffixed as html).
>
> I thought there was a way to configure OpenCms to allow FCKEditor for
> any type of file, but I can't find a way to do this. I can only "edit
> sourcecode", which is praticaly useless.
>
> Anyone help?

OpenCms is focused to display the content in templates - which is a bit
in oposition to display complete "free" HTML pages. Therefore you can
have pure HTML pages in your system but the editing posibilities are
limited as you have discovered.

What might be woth a look is the "Extended HTML Import" feature. With
it, you can import exiting HMTL pages into OpenCms and integrate them
into templates to get benifit of all the CMS features like link
management etc.
The template you use could be an "empty" template, one that does not put
any additonal HTML around your imported pages. With that, you could
could easyly manage exiting HMTL pages.

Kind regards,
Michael Emmerich

--
Michael Emmerich
Alkacon Software GmbH - The OpenCms Experts

Visit OpenCms Days 2008 Conference and Expo
May 5 to May 6 2008 in Cologne, Germany

http://www.alkacon.com
http://www.opencms.org