[opencms-dev] Oracle cursors limit (ORA-01000)

Chirouze Olivier olivier.chirouze at volvo.com
Thu Apr 17 15:24:38 CEST 2008

Hi,

I faced something strange with OpenCms 7.0.4 when running setup on
Oracle 9: it seems the application opens a very lot of "cursors" and
don't close them properly. The default limit for cursors on Oracle is
50. The setup ran successfully after opening at least 147 concurrent
cursors!

It seems I'm not the first to encounter the problem as described here:
http://osdir.com/ml/cms.opencms.devel/2003-06/msg00564.html. I think it
would be good to add a note to the installation documentation, saying
that the maximum number of cursors must be increased.

However, it seems this is still a problem after installation, when
running the program: OpenCms keeps about 10 cursors open while not much
is happening on the application. According to Oracle experts it is not a
safe behaviour...

Olivier